UPDATE: Here are photos from the event!
The Flame, a joint project of Ukraine’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ukrainian World Congress International Coordinating Committee, will originate in Australia and travel to 33 countries worldwide in an effort to raise Holodomor awareness.
Travelling between Ukrainian embassies, the torch will be ceremoniously transferred from country to country by Ukraine’s ambassadors or consular representatives following which every community will have an opportunity to organize events around the Flame.
Tentative Itinerary for the Remembrance Flame in Canada
- April 18 – National Launch prior to the opening of the exhibit Holodomor: Genocide by Famine – Toronto (at City Hall), Ontario
- April 20 – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- April 28-29 – Regina – Saskatoon – Yorkton – North Battleford, Saskatchewan
- April 30 – May 2 – Vegreville – Red Deer – Edmonton – Lethbridge, Alberta
- May 3 – Vancouver, British Columbia
- May 22 – St. Catharines, Ontario
- May 23 – Toronto, Ontario
- May 24 – Hamilton, Ontario
- May 25 – Montreal, Quebec
- May 26 – Ottawa, Ontario